Our office annually sets a "deadline for submissions" related to septic system applications in the City of Ottawa — this season it is Friday , December 17, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Deadline applies to the following types of submissions
• Septic Applications (New or Replacement)
• Inspections for construction projects in progress
• Septic Record Searches
Note: Any submissions received between Monday, December 20 to Thursday, December 23, 2021 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the inspection team and the Chief Building Official. Any non-urgent matters will be held over until our first regular business day of the new year, Tuesday, January 4, 2022. 8.30am
COVID-19 Notice: Ottawa Septic System Office
Effective 6 April 2020. Ottawa Septic System Office under provincial COVID -19 emergency measures has restricted access and reduced essential staff on site at our Administrative Office. The handling of paper copy, cheques and cash is not viable at this time. As such OSSO, shall only accept:
- Applications/Inspections/Supplemental documents by email
- Payments made by credit card over the phone.
Approvals, inspection reports will be circulated only by EMAIL. Print copies will NO LONGER be provided or circulated by Canada Post.
1. Be sure that the application is in PDF format.
- Consider using apps such as Turbo Scan that convert jpeg photos into PDF documents.
- Fax documents to OSSO dedicated fax line 613.692.1507 our multifunction printer/copier has the ability to convert fax transmissions into a PDF.
- Upgrading software on office desktop to Adobe Pro to be able to edit PDF documents.
2. Electronic files that accompany the email request/instruction must be applied as an ATTACHMENT.